Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Birthday cards

So my husband is an engineer and after the past two and a half years of watching me stamp and letting our home get taken over by stamping paraphernalia, he refuses to let me or himself purchase a card at the store. I tried to get him to buy one for his brother's birthday a few months ago, since masculine cards are pretty difficult for me to do, but he would not go for it. Anyway, my birthday was last week, and this is the card he made for me. There's no stamping on it, but he created it himself at work using some sort of drawing software or whatever rocket scientists use. Here's the details: Happy Birthday, Size A, Case Code 06-27-1977 (my birthdate), Drawing No. I LOVE YOU, Rev. 0 (which should say 15 or so, since that's how many times he said he had to print it before he got it right). Scale none, drawn by David Buecher, Birthday 31 of ALOT (this was my 30th birthday, a small oversight!). By the way, he mounted it on mellow moss cardstock...his favorite Stampin' Up! color. What a guy!

3 comments:

Erin said...

This is a crack up. Go Dave! Very inventive. Happy 31st, Melissa! Uh . . . I mean 30th!

kdj said...

Great cards, Melissa! Thought I'd invite you into a friendly game of blog tag. Check out my site for the scoop :)

kdj said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your stamp projects. I just nominated you as a 'Rockin' Girl Blogger' ... Posted the scoop on my Stamp Garage blog.