Saturday, July 11, 2009

New Catalog Open House

Thanks to everyone who came to my open house today.  It was fun to see you all.  Here’s a picture of the samples everyone got to make:

IMG_8211

Supplies used:
Stamp set: Heard from the Heart
Cardstock: Naturals White, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
Ink: White Craft Ink
Accessories: Scallop Square Die, Big Shot, Polk Dot Ribbon

IMG_8215

Supplies used:
Stamp set: Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Scallop Square Die, Big Shot, Polk Dot Ribbon

Whenever I start working with new colors, it is always a challenge for me to get comfortable with what combinations will look good.  I don’t feel like I have an eye for color so I tend to lean towards monochromatic combinations for simplicity.  If I feel like branching out, then I usually go with color choices that are already together in a DSP (designer series paper) pattern.  In these cards, I used the color combo from the Razzleberry Lemonade.  At first I wasn’t sure about the curry color, but after I looked through the different patterns in the pack, I realized that there were lots of possible combinations.

Here are some more samples I’ve been playing with using the new fancy favor die and the same Razzleberry Lemonade DSP colors:

 IMG_8216 IMG_8217

These little favor box/bags are a great size for a couple of large cookies in a cello bag, or I put a handful of the mini size snickers/milky way/twix candy.  You can dress them up with a handle, or fun embellishments on the front.

What do you love in the new catalog?  Still need a copy—contact me and I can drop one off or mail you one. 

No comments: