Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Digital Studio

SO MUCH MORE THAN DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING!!!

I have to be totally honest.  I am not a huge fan of digital scrapbook pages.  I have seen them around for a couple years, and they always feel so FLAT to me and I don’t really like the way the ribbon and other embellishments look fake.  BUT I ordered the new My Digital Studio (MDS) software from Stampin’ Up! and I believe I have had a true conversion. 

MDS offers all of the great products that many other photo printing services offer – bound photo books, greeting cards, calendars, etc., but the ADVANTAGE is that you get to use templates, layouts, or a blank canvas with exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors, artwork, patterned paper and embellishments!  Plus, since all of the embellishments and stamps are true to size, you can do “hybrid” scrapbooking, by printing your MDS page, and then mounting it onto regular cardstock or adding real ribbon, buttons, brads, or whatever to give it dimension so it is not so FLAT! 

The first thing I tried when I opened MDS was the Christmas Jingle Designer Template for a 12 x 12 photo book.  Literally in a matter of minutes, I had 12 pages done!  Here are a couple:

christmas album-007

christmas album-008

So all I had to do with these pages is drag and drop the photos from my December 2008 photo folder and type some journaling.  It was so EASY and FAST!!!!

Here’s an example of a card I made using the software:

christmas card 2-001

I got the layout idea from Jaydee at her blog.  It also only took me a couple minutes, and I started with a blank canvas for this one.  After I messed around with this, I figured I would try and make it with real cardstock and stamps.  So that is what I’ll be working on today.

If you are interested in getting more information about My Digital Studio, I’ll be having an open house in early November, date TBA.

2 comments:

Lorin and Liza said...

However you decide to scrapbook it is just good to keep records and pictures of your life. Is there a way you can download a digital scrapbook to a CD?

Melissa Buecher said...

Hi Liza,

I just found your comment here--yes it is very easy to save the digital files to a cd for distribution or storage.