It’s been a long, long looooooooooong time! Keeping up an active blog for my paper crafting has been on the bottom of my list for a while (having four kids under age 8 will do that), but I am ready to get back into posting, mostly because I am really excited to share with you my fun new addiction---My Digital Studio 2. I still enjoy working with real paper, but I have so much to share with you about my new digital adventure! I have been using it for everything lately. I guess when I look at the mess on my craft table, it’s easier to do a U-turn back to the computer and get to work. Plus I can work on something for 5 minutes (the attention span my 2 year old allows me), and then come back to it later.
First up—the cover from my son’s 8th birthday/baptism book all about him. This album was so fun for me to put together. I got the idea from Stacy Julian’s blog. It’s basically a book about his name—why we named him what we did, where his names came from, a little heritage, letters from grandparents, what it means to take on the name of Christ at baptism, etc.
This was my first project with the upgraded software (MDS2), and I was SO HAPPY with the changes that Stampin’ Up! made.
I tried to keep things really simple since it was the first printed book I would be ordering as a print product from Stampin’ Up! and because it was for an 8 year old boy, and because I knew I didn’t have time to custom design every page. Plus I just prefer the clean and simple style for scrapbooking.
Some info and tips—
- The 8 x 8 size printed album is easy to fill, inexpensive (~$20)!
- I used the mat option and drop shadow option to give the photos, text and embellishments a 3-d effect.
- By choosing Stampin’ Up!’s print service, you are guaranteed the colors will turn out right!
- MDS2 allows you to work in a 2 page spread:
Here’s a screen shot of the front and back covers of the album.
Don’t let your digital photos stay trapped on your computer (or worse, on your memory cards/flash drives!!) Start with something recent and easy—a Christmas album from a few months ago, a vacation from last year, or get something ready for Mother’s Day for Grandma. You can print at home, order single sheets, or get an album!
- You can try MDS2 for FREE! Just click here.
- Already have MDS, and want to upgrade? It’s only $19.95. Click here.
- Want to buy the MDS2 software with basic content? It’s $39.95 Click here.
- Want a full version of MDS2 with over $500 in digital content for just $79.95? Click here.
- Want to see more samples? Go to www.mydigitalstudio.net.
Thanks for stopping by!
Order anytime at www.melissab.stampinup.net
Try Paper Pumpkin! Monthly kits delivered to your door.