Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Digital Studio—8 1/2 x 11 Vacation Album

After I started working on my son’s baptism/name album (see part 1, and part 2), I decided to do another album for a vacation my husband and I took to Cancun about a year ago.  It was the first time we had left our children for more than one day, and our youngest was just barely a year old.  It was way overdue, but also really, really, hard!!  Luckily my niece was able to fly out and watch the kids for us. 
I chose an 8 1/2 x 11 landscape size.  I didn’t want to fuss too much with each page, just get the photos together in an album, so I made a title page for each group of photos I included (mostly locations we visited), and then just chose photo only templates to fill the rest.  Here’s the cover:
cancun 2012-002Just a simple patterned paper background from the Comfort Café DSP, then the framelits label punch and some extras.
Here’s the title page for a couple of the different sections of the book.
cancun 2012-013cancun 2012-023
After I designed the first one, I just created a duplicate page and changed the text and titles.
cancun 2012-012cancun 2012-022
I loved doing the full page prints of these pictures at Chichen Itza and Ek Balam.  It creates so much impact in the book to have a full page photo.
Here’s a few other pages:
cancun 2012-006cancun 2012-014cancun 2012-024
Info and tips:
  • The photo only template options within the My Digital Studio 2 software are a GREAT option for getting lots of photos in an album with out a lot of fuss or time.  You can always add extras too if you want by changing the background paper or adding a few embellishments here and there.
  • To save time, and for a consistent look, you can design a title page, then just “insert duplicate page” and adjust text, titles, etc. for each section of your album.
image
image
Don’t let your digital photos stay trapped on your computer (or worse, on your memory cards/flash drives!!) Start with something recent and easy—a Christmas album from a few months ago, a vacation from last year, or get something ready for Mother’s Day for Grandma. You can print at home, order single sheets, or get an album!
Thanks for stopping by!
Order anytime at www.melissab.stampinup.net
Try Paper Pumpkin! Monthly kits delivered to your door.

No comments: