Thursday, August 22, 2013

Another baby shower!

My crazy friend Amber just had her 5th baby last week, and about two days before she went into labor, we had a baby shower for her.  Instead of a lot of darling little baby girl clothes in 0-6 month sizes, we organized a meal prep type of party.  What busy mom wouldn’t like a freezer full of meals for family?  I think the time between 3-6 pm is the WORST time of day for babies and toddlers which means getting dinner ready can be a huge challenge.  Or at least it always has been for me!

We settled on a list of meals, then I added up the ingredients and listed them on signupgenius, along with sending this invitation that I created in My Digital Studio (MDS) download it for free!:

amber's shower invite_2-001

Can you get over the qr code!!  I was totally geekin’ out when I figured out how to add that!  I think it is especially nice for people who can seem to make the connection between the paper mail and the electronic world. 

We had about 15 people show up and everyone just hung out for the first little while.  Then we started on the meals with just 2 or 3 of us in the kitchen.  Eventually there was a gaggle of people stirring and chopping and handling raw chicken.  It was lots of fun!  We sent Amber home with 14 meals. 

Here’s the “It’s a Girl” banner I sent home with Amber as well.  It’s kind of hard to see because of the striped lighting:

IMG_3297

A few close ups of the letters:

IMG_3297

IMG_3297

IMG_3297

IMG_3297

Here’s the little favors I made for the guests.  They’re supposed to look like grocery bags.  : )

IMG_3299

I used the fancy favor box die and the leftover scallop circles from cutting the pennant banner so they came together very quickly.

Supplies for banner:

  • Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
  • Designer Series Paper:  Just Add Cake (retired)
  • Extras:  Grommets (retired), Pennant Banner Die (retired), Serif Essentials alphabet die (retired), ribbon (from stash)
  • Tools: Big Shot Die & accessories (113439), scallop circle punch by Marvy, 2 1/2 inch circle punch (120906), crop a dile by We R Memory Keepers

Supplies for favor boxes:

If you’d like a custom banner or invitations, decorations, or favors for any style party, please contact me to get a price estimate!

Thanks for stopping by!

Order anytime at www.melissab.stampinup.net

1 comment:

Patty Bennett said...

Wow.. fabulous!! Love your creativity and all the tips!!! She is lucky to have you as such a sweet friend! :)